Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Flip and Fold Card with a fun frame


I found a bunch of blog challenges that I wanted to play along with this week, the first one was found at
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/ what a supper cute blog. They look like they have lots of fun and I am exited to play along.
 Here's what they say about it :) Jackie is hosting our challenge today. She has chosen the theme 'You've Been 

Framed', and she would like to see a prominently displayed frame on your project, this can be stamped, die 

cut, or made up of other materials, or you could decorate an actual frame.






Layla's birthday 001
Layla's birthday 006 I made this card for a friends 2nd Birthday, she had a safari theme so I wanted my card to go with the theme. I used the baby cakes paper and a monkey sticker from my stash.
The card base is cut 5 1/2 by 12, I them scored at 2in, 4in, 8in and 10in. I cut from the top of the inside score mark to the halfway point on the 5 1/2in side and flipped the scraps for the bottom. I affixed them with my tombow adhesive. The "frame" that the monkey is in on the front is a 4in by 4in piece , I folded in the corners to the center, then folded the same corners in the opposite direction.

3 comments:

  1. Angie, thanks for the lovely compliment about my challenge blog! Yep, we do have fun.

    I adore your 'frame' card, your little monkey is just too cute and the paper frame surrounding him has the perfect combination of colours on it to tone in with him. Also love the giraffe paper on the main part of the card, and the sentiment is perfect.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more... I love your cute monkey - and what a really unusual frame!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Carmakers and more with this super cute and clever card. This is such a fun and cheery project, thanks so much for sharing with us and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete