Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Crib Box Card for Baby

I have several friends who are having babies so today I am working on cards for them. I bought this super cute file from SVG cuts.


 I had never worked with their files before but they had a great tutorial video and the pdf that came with the file was helpful. Because I am new to cricut design space it did take me some time to figure out that I had to attach the score lines to the card to get them to cut but I love the way it came out. I did change a couple things on this one, I used an owl from the CTMH artbooking cartridge instead of the teddy bear because she is doing an owl theme. I also left out the blocks that spelled out BABY because I could not get the Y to cut without tearing. I cut the safety pin off the front and used it on the back along with the booties.


this is the back. 

I ended up getting carried away and made 4 of them


here is a closer look at the boy one


I was still having trouble with the Y on the blocks but really wanted to add it, so edited the blocks to write in design space instead of cut and then I colored them in and fussy cut them out.
I am happy with the way they turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment